How a Chiropractic Adjustment Can Improve Your Health
Your back is aching or you’ve been experiencing headaches or a stiff neck. You’ve taken some over-the-counter medications, but they only mask the pain for a few hours. A chiropractic adjustment can help you find long-lasting relief from pain, but it can also effectively treat many other health conditions. The vertebrae along your spinal cord protect the nerves that run from your brain to every part of your body. When they get out of alignment, they can lead to a variety of adverse health issues. A spinal adjustment can return you to maximum wellness.
Concrete Ways That a Chiropractic Adjustment Can Make You Healthier
Let’s look at some of the proven benefits of a chiropractic spinal adjustment:
- You can reduce neck and lower back pain without invasive medical procedures—Studies show that four of every five adults in America experience some type of back pain in their lives. A common source of that pain is nerve impingement, caused by disc misalignment. An adjustment can alleviate the impingement and reduce inflammation, getting to the root of your discomfort.
- Chiropractic care is an effective treatment for scoliosis—The American Association of Neurological Surgeons estimates that six to nine million Americans suffer from scoliosis, an extreme curvature of the spine that can limit range of motion, cause stiffness and discomfort, and even negatively affect your breathing. Chiropractic adjustments have been clinically proven to help treat symptoms caused by scoliosis.
- You can get relief from sciatica—Your sciatic nerve, found at the base of your spinal cord, can become damaged or inflamed, making it difficult to sit, stand, walk, or lie down. Researchers have found that chiropractic adjustments can help minimize the pain.
- A chiropractic adjustment can effectively treat acid reflux—Studies indicate that the nerves in the brain and stomach can be particularly sensitive. A chiropractic adjustment removes potential impingements and improves the communication between the brain and the belly. It may also effectively reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
- A chiropractic adjustment can improve the operation of your immune system—Studies indicate that spinal adjustments help your body’s natural immunities function more effectively and efficiently, minimizing the likelihood of infections.
- A chiropractic adjustment can lower hypertension—A single chiropractic adjustment can have the same impact as some blood pressure medications, and the effects of an adjustment can last up to six months.
- Chiropractic treatment may bring positive results to people with certain neurological conditions—Because spinal adjustments improve the flow of blood to your brain, they are believed to bring health benefits to people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and other neurological illnesses